The Colombo Plan Staff College for Technician Education (CPSC) seeks to appoint a Governing Board-engaged Faculty Consultant for an initial period of one year. The tenure of service of the Governing Board-engaged Faculty Consultant is fixed to a maximum of three years, subject to yearly renewal on satisfactory performance evaluation and mutual consent.
CPSC is an inter-governmental human resources development organization mandated to assist in the improvement of technical and vocational education and training (TVET) systems in its member countries in Asia and the Pacific region through training & development, research & development, ICT, policy advisory and project development & consultancy. The 16 active member countries of CPSC are: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Fiji, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Nepal, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand. CPSC seeks the interest of qualified professionals from its Member Countries with relevant background in the general areas of technical education, technical teacher training and research, Information and Communication Technology, entrepreneurship development, curriculum development, TVET skill development, education for sustainable development, educational technology and management.
Specifically, the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a citizen of any of the CPSC member countries;
- Must be below 50 years of age;
- Must be proficient in oral and written communication (English is the official language used in CPSC) and with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Must be proficient in computer/ IT skills;
- Holder of Doctoral degree in technical education / engineering education / technology education or advanced post-doctoral degree preferably in any TVET field, with Master's degree in Engineering.
- Possesses at least 10 years of work experience in the field of technical and vocational education and training, has occupied a Senior Faculty or Professor position for five years as per Government selection rules in Universities/Technical/Engineering Colleges/Teacher Training or other Institutes of Excellence/Polytechnics;
- Possesses multidisciplinary competence/expertise in the following areas of specialization:
- Curriculum development;
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT);
- Teacher Training;
- Qualifications Framework;
- Education for Sustainable Development;
- Emerging technology;
- Educational technology;
- Management and training, Quality Assurance / Quality Management in TVET; and
- Skills for the informal sector and the disadvantaged
- Must be able to design and develop instructional course materials, academic papers and coordinate regional, in-country, and customized programs and conduct research and development projects and activities with minimum supervision;
- Must be able to demonstrate effectiveness in teaching; experience in conducting Training of Trainer programs.
- Demonstrates fitness to travel to various countries;
- Demonstrates leadership, sound judgment and must be able to render support in senior administrative functions as may be required;
The compensation package includes annual salary (starts at US$48,000.00) and fringe benefits which are tax-free in the Philippines (for expatriates only), such as travel expenses for faculty and qualified dependents on first appointment and on expiry of contract, shipping allowance, children's educational allowance, repatriation grant, housing allowance, insurance and medical allowance, and sick/annual home leaves, in accordance to the prevailing policies of CPSC.
APPLICANT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
1. Interested applicants must complete the APPLICATION FORM HRM Form A01 (Application Form for GB-Engaged Faculty Consultant) which may be downloaded from here.
2. Submission of application must follow a prescribed process and applicants must be guided by the information below:
2.1. Applicant should complete the prescribed application form ensuring that all information are provided as sought in the form.
2.2. Applicants are requested to route application through proper official channel and seek his/her respective Government's endorsement or any document indicating no objection on his candidature particularly from the designated CPSC Liaison Officer or authorized counterpart official in the Government. Such documentary evidence, along with application and attachments, shall be submitted directly to CPSC, copy furnished the country Liaison Officer for CPSC. (Kindly contact designated Liaison Officer of CPSC in your country for guidance. List of Liaison Officers of CPSC can be accessible from http://www.cpsctech.org/organization/liaison-officer)
2.3. Applicant shall send application form to CPSC with complete documents, compiled in the order, as follows;
a) Covering letter expressing intent to apply;
b) Copy of document indicating government endorsement or no objection by relevant authority (Liaison Officer or authorized counterpart)
c) Certified true copy of birth certificate, academic records, certificates of employment, professional eligibility, licenses or qualifications;
d) Copies of journals, papers, reports;
e) Proof of awards, copyrights, patents etc. received;
f) Other evidences to support academic and professional entries in the application form; and
g) Medical certification indicating fitness for overseas assignment.
3. Applications may be sent in advance by e-mail (in PDF format only) while all printed certified copies of documents and attachments must be sent by courier or post directly to:
4. The Selection Committee with the assistance of the respective Embassy in Manila will conduct pertinent verification or re-confirmation of endorsement by the Government as may be necessary.
5. Only Short-Listed Candidates will be notified of the outcome of the pre-selection and evaluation process.